Photo by Robin Hammond.
In Swaziland, youth manage permacultural gardens. 30% of profits from the produce sold cover operational costs, and the remaining 70% cover vulnerable children’s school costs.
Support vulnerable children by donating to World Education.
Photo by Nicole Starkey.
Gardening is part of the life skills training done in IBEC schools – students said that gardening is one of their favorite activities!
Support life skills development by donating to World Education.
Photo by YWCA NSW, ConnectEd partner.
Eight girls on the ConnectEd Australia program spent a day volunteering at a community garden. They worked hard in the hot sun to weed and replant a number of plots and to dig an aggregate pit. The girls enjoyed doing something for the community and seeing the difference they had made in the garden after just a few hours. The majority of girls even put their name down to volunteer in the future, and two arranged to go back the following week and volunteer in the garden in their free time!
Support civic engagement by donating to World Education.